Home About us Editorial board Search Ahead of print Current issue Archives Submit article Instructions Subscribe Contact us Login 
  • Users Online:2156
  • Home
  • Print this page
  • Email this page
CASE REPORT
Year : 2013  |  Volume : 1  |  Issue : 1  |  Page : 46-47

An accidental death due to electric grinder: Dupatta as a strangulation hazard


Department of Forensic Medicine, Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore, India

Correspondence Address:
Deepak Herald D'Souza
Department of Forensic Medicine, Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/2321-4848.113563

Rights and Permissions

Accidents could occur at home in any age group. Accidental ligature strangulation in adults could be prevented. We are reporting a case of a woman who died in her kitchen due to accidental strangulation by her dupatta while working with the electric grinder. This case highlights the need to educate the people about the safety and potential hazards of these machines.


[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed3605    
    Printed118    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded142    
    Comments [Add]    
    Cited by others 1    

Recommend this journal